Brother & Sister Carriers,
First I would like to take a minute to thank outgoing President Michael Willadsen for the leadership he has shown and his many years of service he has given to the members of Branch 86 and other branches during his time. He will be missed by many, including myself.
Summer time is fast approaching and I would like to share some simple reminders:
- The warmer weather brings out children and pets.
- Dog warning cards should be filled out for all dogs on each delivery route and placed in sorting case two stops before the address where the dog lives.
- The list of the dogs and the addresses should be given to a delivery supervisor to upload into the scanners to alert carriers of the dogs on delivery route.
- When a carrier is required to do “(splits, pivots)” whatever your office calls them remember to change the scanner to the route that you are doing so if there is a dog warning and the card is not in the mail the scanner should alert the carrier doing that piece of any dogs on that section of the route.
- When delivering accountable mail and packages to the front door remember to keep your foot at the base of the storm door if there is one. Use caution when children are home and dogs are at the residence, many carriers have been bitten by dogs that have gotten past children answering the door. Also dogs are protective of the children and home owners.
REMEMBER – ALL DOGS HAVE TEETH SO THEY CAN BITE!